Wetsuit water temperature, when is it allowed to wear a wetsuit and when not?
Swimming with a triathlon wetsuit at temperatures below 15 or 16 degrees should only be done by experienced swimmers. In competition, a wetsuit is mandatory for all participants at temperatures below 15.9 degrees. At temperatures up to 21.9 degrees for swims up to 1,500m and 24.5 degrees for longer swims. Is it allowed to wear a wetsuit for swimming . Higher temperatures will result in a neoprene ban.
Which wetsuit to swim in what temperature?
Our wetsuits have a maximum material thickness, limited by the rules of the ITU, of up to 5 mm in the chest area. Therefore, we do not recommend swimming with a wetsuit in ice-cold water (temperatures below 15 or 16 degrees). Hardy swimmers can use neoprene accessories (head and foot coverings) as additional protection against the cold.
When should I buy a wetsuit?
A wetsuit is particularly suitable for swimmers and triathletes who want to protect themselves from the cold in the water, but also to maintain buoyancy or propulsion. In general, the wetsuits provide an improved water position, which should make the athlete faster. In addition, the swimsuits have a hydrophobic (water repellent) coating, which additionally make you move faster through the water. In combination with the improved water position thanks to buoyancy, a wetsuit provides you with fast swimming times in competition, as well as in training.
The right wetsuit size?
A wetsuit triathlon should fit properly, as this affects the swimming performance. Based on height and weight, the appropriate size can be found in our wetsuit size chart. We have wetsuits for women as well as wetsuits for men.
sailfish wetsuit models:
Wetsuitlong: Ultimate IPS Plus, G-Range, ONE Attack and Ignite, Atlantic.
Wetsuitshort: Rocket and Pacific
How should I wash wetsuits?
For hygienic reasons, a wetsuit should be cleaned after swimming, because salt or chlorinated water attack the material over time. It is sufficient to rinse it with water after swimming and wash it once a week with our Wetsuit Protect, a mild cleaning product for maintenance.
Put on the wetsuit, step by step...
- Turn the wetsuit inside out at the beginning to protect the outer layer of material.
- Spread out the suit in front of you so that the sailfish logo is facing the ceiling
- Step alternately into the leg sections
- Roll the neo up the legs to the hips
- IMPORTANT: Pull the leg sections up so far that it sits flush with the crotch.
- Get into the arm sections alternately
- Pull the sleeves up carefully and piece by piece
- IMPORTANT: Pull the sleeves up so that the wetsuit lies under the armpits and is not under tension with the arms spread out.
- Now close the zipper upwards with the help of the cord over the shoulder
BENEFITS AND ORDERING PROCESS
14 DAYS RETURN POLICY
2 YEAR WARRANTY
PURCHASE WITHOUT ACCOUNT
CUSTOMER SERVICE WITHIN 48HRS
DELIVERY TIME 2-3 DAYS
FREE SHIPPING FROM 100€
FREE WETSUIT REPAIR SERVICE